When I picked up this book I didnt know what to expect. One of those romantic ‘I love you no matter what’ stories like ‘The Notebook’. But this book held a lot more.

At the age of fifty, Alice Howland is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers. A psychology professor at Harvard, Alice is an above average intellectual with an average life and children who are at various stages of her career when the disease begins to slowly erase her memories. Using her blackberry to maintain her sanity, Alice tries everything she can to slow down the progress but to no avail.

This book frightened me at times. It portrayed the slow decline of a smart intellectual person through a one way street with no return directions.

Although I highly recommend this is a great read, I must warn you as it paints a clear picture and is scarier than any horror or thriller might be.