The End of Mr Y by Scarlett Thomas is one of the best books I have read in a long time. It has definitely made my top 100 books and is most likely my best read of the year. I picked it up at the library and ended up buying a copy so I could read it again.

Ariel Manto (Anagram of 'I am not real') is a researcher with no money, a serious deficiency in her love life and struggling to publish a paper about a book – reportedly cursed – with no copies in existance. Finding the book takes her through a whirlwind of adventure into the world of the paranormal mind via the Troposhpere.

All in all this book was a fantastic read and really challenged the mind, at some point making you wonder if we are real or simply a Matrix style fantasy.

I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to queston their perception of the real world.